ResourcesValuable Tips and Educational Resources
Looking for a helpful place with valuable tips and educational resources regarding your children?
We are passionate about learning and we look forward to sharing valuable resources with our parents and website visitors.
Check back for updates, as this section will be growing. If you want immediate suggestions, please contact us and we will get you started.
Books are a powerful tool in education, and we have several recommendations that have helped us along the way. Click on the link of the title that interests you, and you will be taken to the corresponding page on Amazon with more information. Check back for additional book recommendations.
- Delivering on the Promise: The Education Revolution by Richard A. DeLorenzo, Wendy J. Battino, Rick M. Schreiber, and Barbara B. Gaddy Carrio
- One World Schoolhouse by Salman Khan
- Education for a Civil Society by Dan Gartrell
- Growing Minds by Carol Copple
- Parenting with Love and Logic by Foster Cline and Jim Fay
- Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood: Practical Parenting from Birth to 6 Years by Jim Fay and Charles Fay
- Walk Out Walk On: A Learning Journey into Communities Daring to Live the Future Now by Margaret Wheatley and Deborah Frieze
After School Program
We like to have fun! Our van rides home are filled with lively discussions, scavenger hunts or other travel games. At Maslow, we enjoy a nutritious snack, often visit with each other, listening to stories or telling jokes and riddles.
Even if you are dropping your student off, please make sure they are dressed appropriately for time outside on the playground. We head outside everyday, unless the weather is extreme. In the winter we play with sleds and snow toys and even make snow ice cream, every once in a while, when the powder is fresh! We make up games, play group games, play on a variety of equipment and enjoy the fresh air before coming back inside.
Indoors, we have lots of things to choose from with activities that change from week to week. We enjoy arts and crafts, drama, STEM (Science/Technology/Engineering and Math) activities, work on homework (if needed), participate in brain building games, group games/challenges and more.
On days when the kids don’t attend school, we do these activities as well as Love Our Community Service Projects. Once COVID restrictions are lifted, we look forward to resuming field trips!
The Maslow After School Program is a fun and engaging place for kids to come. It is filled with a variety of enriching activities to help kids continue to develop socially, emotionally, physically and intellectually.